Noelle V. Motley
View Noelle Motley’s profile
Howard University, School of Communications, Washington, D.C.
Major: Public Relations Minor: Sociology
B.A. Public Relations 2011 GPA 3.42 (4.0)
Digital Marketing Coordinator, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Culver City, CA
•Active liaison between the Publicity, Online and Retail departments for all marketing assets
•Coordinate all pre- and post- workflow for multimedia trailers, clips and assets
•Coordinate Finishing prep/delivery; Coordinate Online GFX prep/delivery
•Create CMS Assets for encoding and national and international distribution
•Well-versed in programs such as, File-Zilla, ACORN, and EAGL marketing databases
•Coordinate work orders for vendors – international and national
Social Media Ambassador, American Pop Digital, Burbank, CA
American Pop, Social Media Marketing, is an online message distribution agency servicing Fortune 500 clients across diverse vertical markets. Through utilizing transparent communication and leveraging established connections, American Pop ignites brand discussion and community engagements throughout consumer-generated channels.
Clients include: Travel, Film, Products and Consumer Brands
Current clients: Ivory (of Procter & Gamble), Las Vegas – Know The Code, Hodgson Mills
Public Relations Intern, American Legacy Foundation, Washington, D.C.
•Cold calls to media outlets; created SEO optimized press releases and blog posts
•Outlined PR strategies and tactics to increase target audience response
•Created three social media campaigns for the truth™ Non-Smoking Youth Tour ‘11
•Aided department with clerical duties, work on creation of company PR award binders
•Updated media lists using Cision and Vocus
10/10 – 12/10
Media Relations Intern, The Walker Marchant Group, Washington, D.C.
• Pitched to national and local print and radio media outlets; created tailored media list
• Edited 5-10 press releases, memos, meeting notes and research proposals weekly
• Tailored new media lists; monitored national online presence for client-related stories
• Used PR tools to document client clippings; Learned about crisis communication<
10/10 – 12/10
Viral Public Relations Intern, Cashmere Agency, Inglewood, CA.
• Created media monitoring excel spreadsheets for 7 clients using Microsoft Excel
• Collected client VPM and social media link clicks across 110 pop culture websites
• Reported to publicist; developed over 150 new clipping files sent to clients weekly
06/10 – 08/10
Marketing Assistant, STV, Inc., Fairfax, VA
• Developed 10 binders outlining fiscal year budgets and budgets of competitors
• Wrote detailed proposals to aid with urban development of future construction sites
• Created 8 proposals for federal government agencies; conducted marketing research
03/09 – 12/09
Marketing Manager, Howard University Homecoming, Inc., Washington, D.C.
• Founded and planned sold out 1st Annual Homecoming Celebrity Unveiling Ceremony
• Ad placement on 135 popular web sites; 150,000,000 clicks internationally in 3 months
• Oversaw promotion and credentials for over 15 events; sports, fashion and music
• Created over 27 press releases: obtained national and local coverage from 80 outlets
• Participants: Musiq, Tarajih P. Henson, Fabolous, Wale, Lance Gross and more
05/09 – 08/09
TV Production Intern, Black Entertainment Television (BET), Washington, D.C.
•Organized performance schedules and transportation with booking managers
• Wrote 55 biographies, host’s note cards and audience cue card to increase engagement
• Aided in the 6 day shootings of the 2010 season of Bobby Jones Gospel Hour 2010
• Assisted with all phases of production: talent casting, sound checks, and cataloging
01/09 – 05/09
PR Intern, Office of University Communications, Howard Univ., Washington, D.C.
• Generated press for “Alternative Spring Break” New Orleans, Detroit, Chicago & D.C.
• Drafted 25 press advisories/releases, pitch letters and articles; made catered media lists
• 17 articles placed in national news outlets; Philadelphia Inquirer & CBS Evening News
Worked at least 35 hours per week as a full-time college student.
Mac Software/Microsoft Office Suite
Social Media Platforms
Social Media Marketing
Digital Public Relations
Studied 35mm and SLR Photography
BrightHub.com Human Resources Contributing Writer 2011- Present
Yahoo! Contributor Network – Associated Content Contributing Writer 2011-Present
Helium.com SEO Contributing Writer 2011-Present
Phi Sigma Pi National Honors Fraternity Incorporated, Alpha Tau Chapter 2009- Present
Howardwood Alumni Celebrity Panel 2010
School of Communications Student Council Media Relations Director 2008-2009
United States Presidential Elections Campus Reporter/Photojournalist 2008
Who’s Who among American Universities and Colleges 2011
Howard University Honors Graduate 2011
Fenderson Scholarship 2010-2011
Annenberg Honors Program 2008-2010
University Trustee Scholarship 2008-2010
Bank of America- Weber Shandwick BE Lab Fall 2010
Monster.com Diversity Leadership Program, St. John’s University- NY, Summer 2010
Published author Poetics Noire: Volume I 2009